Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why "Starbucks Sweetie"


So, why choose Starbucks Sweetie as my nom de plume? Well, that's a good question... I guess because I have a heart for Starbucks. I used to work there and loved every minute of every day so much that I would still go in on my days off. Silly, huh? Well, when you like your job that much, it doesn't seem like work. What I loved about Starbucks was the atmosphere, the people that would come in every day, especially the regulars who I would call by their chosen drink rather than their actual names. I loved the laughs, the crazy concoctions the staff would come up with to drink. I'm surprised we didn't poison ourselves. I loved it all and cried when I moved away and left my beloved Nashville, Tennessee Starbucks.

So, when I start a blog with coffee in it, the name Starbucks Sweetie comes to mind. Now, don't get me wrong...I do indulge in other coffee houses. I am a huge fan of smaller mom and pop shops rather than chains, but as a business girl, I do admire the coffee empire that Starbucks has become and appreciate the hard work that goes into becoming one of America's most beloved and most hated coffee houses.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena

count web visits
Visit Our Site