Saturday, September 20, 2008

Drive-thrus are a moms best friend...and worst enemy


I am a mom of 2 and so I LOVE drive-thrus. If I don't need to take two small kids out of their car seats, drag them into the store to make a simple purchase, then drag them out of the store with my purchase juggled in between my kiddies, then that's just great with me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mom who created drive-thrus in the first place. Bless you!

Now, the only problem I have, being a health conscious girly, is that I cannot find a drive-thru that isn't going to toss me a paper sack full of greased up fat. That's where I have a little problem. So here I go, every day, weighing the pros and cons of easy vs. healthy with my 4 year old yelling from the back seat, "I want chicken nuggets!". That's no biggie for her, she won't gain 10 pounds just eating 1, but I will! Isn't this a world where we can have both healthy and easy? Please someone, build me a healthy drive-thru! I bet they have one in California. They're always 1 or 2 steps ahead of us east coast lovelies.

I have a list of things I will allow myself to get at each of the Drive-Thrus around that I have a love/hate relationship with.

McD's: Grilled Chicken Sandwich or a Yogurt Parfait
BK: Grilled Chicken Sandwich without mayonnaise.
Chick-Fil-A: Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Fruit Cup. Diet Lemonade.
Sonic: Grilled Chicken Sandwich without mayonnaise.
Wendy's: Grilled Chicken Sandwich without mayonnaise.

Are we seeing a trend here? What happens if I don't feel like eating a grilled chicken sandwich??

Dear Santa,

Please bring me a healthy drive-thru for Christmas or a nanny, so I can get out of the car and get a decent meal at a decent place without it taking 30 minutes and a headache. That's all I'm asking for...oh, and a lake house...if you happen to have one lying around.

You know I won't be good, because it's just not possible.

Love ya Santie,
Nikka

No comments:

 

Made by Lena

count web visits
Visit Our Site